The Parent Forum
The Parent Forum is an open forum for all parents who wish to discuss school-related issues. We meet once every half term and alternate morning meetings with evening meetings so that all parents have the opportunity to attend.
Regular, open communication and consultation with parents is really important to the school moving forward. The Parent Forum provides a valuable way to listen to your ideas and concerns and seek your views, helping to make sure the needs of children and their families are met.
Meetings are attended by a school representative – mainly the head – but the meetings are run by the parents.
Examples of issues to be discussed include:
- Clubs and activities
- Cost of school trips and events
- Parents evenings
- Book bags
- Views on school policies when they are updated e.g. Behaviour Policy
- Parents are encouraged to share information from Parent Forum with parents of other children in their child’s class. Feedback will also be included in school newsletters which are distributed to all parents and will also be published on this website.
Issues raised should be of a general nature. If you have specific concerns about your child your first point of contact should always be your class teacher.
If you wish to discuss the Parents Forum please contact our school office.
Parents Forum Terms of Reference
Aims and Objectives
- To assist the school in sharing information
- To open links for parents to express opinions
- Improve communication links between school and parents
- Highlight issues that need addressing
- To improve consultation opportunities with parents
To help the school progress
- Any parent that has a child at the school
- School based staff (teacher/head teacher)
- Chair of Governors
- Church Rep to maintain links with the church of England
- All meetings to be in school
- Invitations to other relevant bodies as appropriate
Code of Conduct
- Discretion at all public forums
- Non-prejudice comments/remarks at forum
- Individual circumstances to be discussed through appropriate channels in school
- Once each half term
- 60-90mins max per meeting
- Minutes taken and distributed to all parents
- Reminders through emails of forthcoming forums and topics to be discussed
- Available to all at reception – folder to store all previous minutes
- Possible Facebook page
On-going – current work in progress.